Sonic Screwdriver -->

Tuesday 16 April 2013

"Rose"

Original Air Date: 26 March 2005 (leaked on 5 March 2005)

Have I ever mentioned that I love the song that plays at the very beginning  It's called "Westminster Bridge" if anyone's interested.
Did you notice that one of the autons chasing Rose is a shirtless woman?
About sixteen minutes in, we get the first glimpse of how this Ninth Doctor is gonna be.
Do you know like we were saying about the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling round the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go. That's who I am. Now, forget me, Rose Tyler. Go home.
And, as soon as that bit ends, we hear "The Doctor's Theme" for the first time. It is an almost entirely vocal piece, deigned to evoke feelings of sadness and being lost. And it does. Prior to hearing this, the Doctor has appeared as a happy man, and every time we hear the song and the note progression from it, we know that the Doctor is remembering his past, what he is running from, and how alone he is.
Just once, I'd like to see someone go in the TARDIS for the first time and just be like, "Oh, okay, bigger on the inside."
Why do the boyfriends of "Who" get turned in to plastic?
"Lots of planets have a North!"
I've always found this episode a bit rediculous. Perhaps its just the idea of the Nesetene Consciousness and the whole living plastic thing. I don't know.